December 13, 2012

Who's Helping You Ship?

Shipping, Freight, NAM, Hurricane Sandy, FreightCenter, Agents, LTL, TruckloadOne-on-one with National Account Manager, Tyler Jackson

I was recruited by FreightCenter shortly after graduating from college.  I had previous experience in Marketing and had also worked as an intern for another supply chain logistics company.  At FreightCenter I've had the opportunity to grow professionally in so many ways.  Through extensive training I've conquered all aspects of supply chain management and I am proud to fill the position of  National Account Manager (NAM). As a NAM, freight agents new to the field rely on me to set a standard of success, providing top notch customer service and logistics support to anyone that comes my way.

Today I don't take my position lightly. I am not just "booking a shipment," I'm helping small businesses stay afloat in a tough economy. I'm reducing green house gas emissions by utilizing alternative modes of transportation.  I'm helping a new CEO reevaluate their supply chain and plan for a better fiscal year in 2013 and most importantly I'm making sure that freshman in college gets their dorm room moved in time for the first day of classes.  The relationships I'm building with both my residential and commercial customers will last a life time.  It's the steps you take when things get tough that are going to differentiate you from the competition.

The recent tragedy in New York City proved very difficult for companies in the supply chain fields. New York is an obvious major location for freight shipping and Hurricane Sandy had torn apart half the state. In this aftermath I had to focus on making sure that one way or another shipments got to their destinations.  I even managed several shipments that were set to bring Hurricane Sandy's victims food, supplies and construction materials.  Of course we gave huge discounts on these shipments, but this is just one example of how meaningful my position can be.

Freight shipping is extremely technology driven. Since I began my career at FreightCenter we've made huge strides both operationally and through our transportation management software.  I'm looking forward to growing along side FreightCenter as we continue to surpass our competition by providing cost efficient shipping solutions and one-on-one support from agents like me.

To contact Tyler Jackson, please call 800-716-7608 Ext. 1066 or email him at tjackson@freightcenter.com.

1 comments:

Air Freight Services said...

Like Tyler Jackson i do also start my career as a logistics account executive in Cargoforce.com is one of the largest independently owned freight forwarding and excess baggage companies in London (UK).